Sunday, June 28, 2009

Where I belong

Tomorrow we will start our trip home at last! Kate has been telling me to take her home "where I belong" since the day we left, but for the past two days she's just been a grumpy girl. So, one more fun trip and we'll be back in the minivan. We decided to go to Hershey Gardens with Aunt Kelly, Uncle Chris and cousins Annie, Ben and Sam tomorrow before we go.

It's been so nice to see the girls play (and fight a little - Kate) with their long distance cousins. Katie is trying to learn to swim on this trip. I guess I need to get her signed up for lessons when we get home. Rachel and McKenna have become fast friends. They are attached at the hip these past two days.

Little Katie has loved the past 9 nights sleeping with me and my sleeves...I hope I don't have to start all over again to get her to sleep in her toddler bed when we get home.

here are some fun pictures from the past few days...

Fun with cousins

Wagon rides
Giant cookies!!
Cookie, pretzel, cookie, pretzel
Rachel and her Great-Paup
Me and my PaupThis was as close as I could get to a picture with kate
It was 100 degrees all 3 days, but I told the girls they had to play outside for a little bit. Afterall, we played outside AND did not have air conditioning in the Ohio heat and look how we turned out....ahem.

Nice slides, but possibly blister-causing, so there was no sliding.
Teeter tottering was okay, but not for mom, because according to Katie "mommy is too big." well.

Then there was the great frog discovery...
Can you see the little guy? He's about as big as her fingernail.
No frogs were harmed. Really. After this picture, we let him go so he could find his mama.
Ah, the end. Tantrums take a lot out of a girl. And Kate.

No comments:

Post a Comment