Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Road Trip!!!

We are in Tiffin, at the halfway point of our 10-day trip. At the moment relaxing in our cozy hotel room with free internet and word world for the kids to decompress for a little bit before going to see my Paup and his curly haired poodle and freakish hairless pig...I mean cat.

Here are some highlights from our first 5 days on the road.
Daddy joined us for day one, to Lancaster.
There we had a nice breakfast and some silly time with cousins Nash and McKenna, and Uncle Kelly and Aunt Lisa

Day two: headed for Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park campground. Cute, grubby campground in PA. Upon arrival, Katie did a quick downward dog on the doorstep.
Kate wasn't so sure about Yogi (I think she was saying "what's your name?" here), but Rachel liked him
Her best most favorite was the little playground with sawdust(!) instead of mulch. It had been raining for days before we got there, so...just yuck. Mommy did a lot of sitting on the end of the slide.

The splash ground was cute (cold!) and fun...

That was my first experience staying at a campground NOT in my parents' cushy fancy RV. I think I'll stick to RV camping from now on...or better yet, a comfy hotel room ;)
Days 3 and 4 were spent with Aunt Erin, Uncle Brandon and cousins Grayson, Ryder and Griffin in Ohio. I can't believe I didn't get any pictures...but then again I guess I can. It's pretty non-stop with 5 kids and two moms all under one roof for 2 days. THANK YOU ERIN!!! She runs a tight ship! Certainly she gets more done in one day than I do in a week.

The girls and I spent a couple of hours at the waterpark. Ahh...not something I need to do again anytime soon, but it was fun. Rach got to do the lazy river by herself! Katie and I watched...
Kate did lots and lots of swimming and sliding at the kiddy pool, with much help from her sissy. Then there was, of course, dancing...

And more dancing...
This morning we went with Erin and the cousins to the Columbus Zoo, just a few minutes from their house. So nice! I think the girls liked the petting zoo best.
Well hellooo there....what is your name?
I swear Kate is NOT kissing this goat! Oh my goodness, can you see his funny teeth? He was smiling and closing his eyes. He must hate it there...
We had a nice visit with Paup this afternoon. I will post some pictures tomorrow of the girls visiting a little frog they caught in the backyard. We came back to the hotel tonight and did some swimming. Katie jumped and jumped off the side of the pool to me. She fell asleep in about 3 minutes when she crawled into bed. That's all for tonight...

No comments:

Post a Comment