Sunday, July 5, 2009

Home, hello, goodbye...

Um, let's see. I'm behind on posting with all the packing, driving, unpacking, laundry, packing and driving we've done this week. Here's a quick update.

Our last day in PA was spent at Hershey Gardens with Aunt Kelly, Uncle Chris, and cousins Ben, Annie and Sam. The girls loved the pretty roses





Next we set off for the long trip home. Several tantrums later, we finally arrived home in Woodstock. Ahh...I love home even more when I've been away for awhile. We got home Tuesday, unpacked the rental van and suitcases, boxes and bags...did about 17 loads of laundry and I don't even remember what else.

Usually Sophie kitty runs away the day we leave for a trip; this time we were surprised 2 nights before leaving for the month by Charlotte kitty returning home after being a runaway for 2 weeks. Joy. I think she may have been away having a feline lobotomy. This is a cat that would run and hide if you even looked in her direction before she ran away. I was kind of relieved to have her bad, evil karma out of the house to be honest. Well, she looks like Charlotte, but this is the sweetest kitty ever. She LOVES everybody. Even the shrieking two year old who pulls her tail and picks her up by the neck.

See? (NO, Katie is not sitting on her. She kept climbing up and sitting with Kate)


She's smiling here, and I swear her eyes were welling up with joy. What a nice kitty.

I wonder what will happen now that we're gone for a month. When we left Sophie was hissing at her and quite angry at me for letting that girl back in. I took Charlotte to the vet to be checked out and she said it was best to let them be together and get reacquainted. Or maybe we'll be back to one cat when we get home. We'll see.

Newport greeted us Friday with beautiful sunshine and it hasn't stopped shining since. It's wonderful here. I did some cooking last night and today, so it's finally starting to feel like home. Rachie and I went for a bike/run today along Bellevue past the mansions, and we all went for a quick trip to the beach. Too windy and cold today, but Kate had a great time. I wish I got a picture of Rachel buried in towels on the beach chair. Next time.

We are looking forward to some visitors over the next few weeks! The girls and I hope to check out the libraries, discover a few more playgrounds and hit the natural food store and farmer's market next week too.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete